- Confess to God your bitterness toward others and declare to Him that you do now choose to forgive them for each specific offence.
- Ask God to take back all “ground” that you have given to Satan through the sin of unforgiveness.
- Ever since the Garden of Eden, God has had to work through imperfect parents. Be quick to forgive them for their failures.
- Speak well of your parents and be sure to honour them regardless of how they may have hurt you in the past.
- Be willing to submit to their authority in all things unless they ask you to violate Scripture.
to your Employers/Teachers
- Go the “second mile” for an awkward employer.
to your Church Leaders
- Purpose not to speak critically of your church leadership even within your own home.
- Look for ways to serve and praise those who have wronged you.
- Pray daily for your “enemies.”