- Being friendly with others by talking to neighbours, meeting new people, and greeting strangers with a smile.
- Preparing for guests by organising and cleaning the home and preparing meals.
- Daily practicing both good etiquette and conversational skills to use with guests.
- Diligently keeping the house free of clutter to make the home available and ready for unexpected guests.
- Invite those into your home who may not be able to return the kindness.
- Mow the lawn or run errands for an elderly neighbour.
- Be the first to greet visitors or newcomers.
- Get to know those at work/school so that you are better able to serve them.
- Invite neighbours to special church banquets.
- Provide meals and services to the elderly and shut-ins of the church and in the community.
- Welcome visitors to your church and invite them to your home for a meal.