1096 ginomai ginomai ghin’-om-ahee
a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; TDNT-1:681,117; v
AV-be 255, come to pass 82, be made 69, be done 63, come 52, become 47, God forbid + 3361 15, arise 13, have 5, be fulfilled 3, be married to 3, be preferred 3, not tr 14, misc 4, vr done 2; 678
1) to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
2) to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
2a) of events
3) to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
3a) of men appearing in public
4) to be made, finished
4a) of miracles, to be performed, wrought
5) to become, be made
- Matthew 1:22 Now all this was done <1096>, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
- Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made <1096> bread.
- Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled <1096>.
- Matthew 5:45 That ye may be <1096> the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
- Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done <1096> in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Matthew 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be <1096> not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
- Matthew 7:28 And it came to pass <1096>, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
- Matthew 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done <1096> unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
- Matthew 8:16 When the even was come <1096>, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
- Matthew 8:24 And, behold, there arose <1096> a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
- Matthew 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was <1096> a great calm.
- John 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred <1096> before me: for he was before me.
- John 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred <1096> before me, whose shoe’s latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
- John 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred <1096> before me: for he was before me.
4285 prohgeomai proegeomai pro-ay-geh’-om-ahee
from 4253 and 2233; TDNT-2:908,303; v
AV-prefer 1; 1
1) to go before and show the way, to go before and lead, to go before as a leader
- Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring <4285> one another;
4299 prokrima prokrima prok’-ree-mah
from a compound of 4253 and 2919; TDNT-3:953,469; n n
AV-prefer one before another 1; 1
1) an opinion formed before the facts are known
2) a prejudgment, a prejudice
- 1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another <4299>, doing nothing by partiality.
Other Verses Related to Deference
- 1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
- Romans 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with [thy] meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.