07235 hbr rabah raw-baw’
a primitive root; TWOT-2103,2104; v
AV-multiply 74, increase 40, much 29, many 28, more 12, great 8, long 3, store 2, exceedingly 2, greater 2, abundance 2, misc 24; 226
1) be or become great, be or become many, be or become much, be or become numerous
1a1) to become many, become numerous, multiply (of people, animals, things)
1a2) to be or grow great
1b) (Piel) to make large, enlarge, increase, become many
1c1) to make much, make many, have many
1c1a) to multiply, increase
1c1b) to make much to do, do much in respect of, transgress greatly
1c1c) to increase greatly or exceedingly
1c2) to make great, enlarge, do much
2) (Qal) to shoot
- Genesis 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply <07235>, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply <07235> in the earth.
- 2 Kings 10:18 And Jehu gathered all the people together, and said unto them, Ahab served Baal a little; but Jehu shall serve him much <07235>.
- 2 Kings 21:6 And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much <07235> wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
- Psalms 16:4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied <07235> that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
- Psalms 18:35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great <07235>.
- Psalms 44:12 Thou sellest thy people for nought, and dost not increase <07235> thy wealth by their price.
- Psalms 49:16 Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased <07235>;
- Psalms 51:2 Wash me throughly <07235> from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
- Psalms 71:21 Thou shalt increase <07235> my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
- Psalms 78:38 But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time <07235> turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.
- Psalms 107:38 He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied <07235> greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease.
- Psalms 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous <07235> redemption.
- Psalms 139:18 If I should count them, they are more in number <07235> than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
- Proverbs 4:10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many <07235>.
- Proverbs 6:35 He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many <07235> gifts.
- Proverbs 9:11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied <07235>, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
- Proverbs 13:11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase <07235>.
- Proverbs 22:16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase <07235> his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.
- Proverbs 25:27 It is not good to eat much <07235> honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory.
- Proverbs 28:8 He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth <07235> his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
- Proverbs 28:28 When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase <07235>.
- Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority <07235>, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
- Proverbs 29:16 When the wicked are multiplied <07235>, transgression increaseth <07235>: but the righteous shall see their fall.
08316 hprs s@rephah ser-ay-faw’
from 08313; TWOT-2292c; n f
AV-burning 9, burn 3, throughly 1; 13
- Genesis 11:3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly <08316>. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
- Deuteronomy 29:23 And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning <08316>, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath:
- 2 Chronicles 16:14 And they buried him in his own sepulchres, which he had made for himself in the city of David, and laid him in the bed which was filled with sweet odours and divers kinds of spices prepared by the apothecaries’ art: and they made a very great burning <08316> for him.
08254 lqv shaqal shaw-kal’
a primitive root; TWOT-2454; v
AV-weigh 14, pay 4, throughly 1, receive 1, receiver 1, spend 1; 22
1) to weigh, weigh out, pay out
1a1) to weigh
1a2) to weigh out (a price)
1a3) of grief (fig)
1b1) to be weighed
1b2) to be weighed out
- Genesis 23:16 And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed <08254> to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.
- Exodus 22:17 If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay <08254> money according to the dowry of virgins.
- 2 Samuel 18:12 And the man said unto Joab, Though I should receive <08254> a thousand shekels of silver in mine hand, yet would I not put forth mine hand against the king’s son: for in our hearing the king charged thee and Abishai and Ittai, saying, Beware that none touch the young man Absalom.
- Job 6:2 Oh that my grief were throughly <08254> weighed <08254>, and my calamity laid in the balances together!
05953 lle ‘alal aw-lal’
a primitive root; TWOT-1627, 1627b, 1628; v
AV-glean 4, done 3, abuse 3, mock 2, affecteth 1, children 1, do 1, defiled 1, practise 1, throughly 1, wrought wonderfully 1, wrought 1; 20
1) to act severely, deal with severely, make a fool of someone
1a) (Poel) to act severely
1b) (Poal) to be severely dealt with
1c) (Hithpael) to busy oneself, divert oneself, deal wantonly, deal ruthlessly, abuse (by thrusting through)
1d) (Hithpoel) to practise practices, thrust forth (in wickedness)
2) (Poel) to glean
3) (Poel) to act or play the child
4) (Poel) to insert, thrust, thrust in, thrust upon
- Exodus 10:2 And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son’s son, what things I have wrought <05953> in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the LORD.
- Leviticus 19:10 And thou shalt not glean <05953> thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.
- Numbers 22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked <05953> me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
- Jeremiah 6:9 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall throughly <05953> glean <05953> the remnant of Israel as a vine: turn back thine hand as a grapegatherer into the baskets.
03190 bjy yatab yaw-tab’
a primitive root; TWOT-863; v
AV-well 35, good 21, please 14, merry 5, amend 4, better 4, accepted 2, diligently 2, misc 20; 107
1) to be good, be pleasing, be well, be glad
1a1) to be glad, be joyful
1a2) to be well placed
1a3) to be well for, be well with, go well with
1a4) to be pleasing, be pleasing to
1b1) to make glad, rejoice
1b2) to do good to, deal well with
1b3) to do well, do thoroughly
1b4) to make a thing good or right or beautiful
1b5) to do well, do right
- Genesis 4:7 If thou doest well <03190>, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well <03190>, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
- Genesis 12:13 Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well <03190> with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.
- Genesis 12:16 And he entreated <03190> Abram well <03190> for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels.
- Jeremiah 7:5 For if ye throughly <03190> amend <03190> your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;
1245 diakayarizw diakatharizo dee-ak-ath-ar-id’-zo
from 1223 and 2511; ; v
AV-throughly purged 2; 2
1) to cleanse thoroughly
- Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge <1245> his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
- Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge <1245> his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
1822 exartizw exartizo ex-ar-tid’-zo
from 1537 and a derivative of 739; TDNT-1:475,80; v
AV-accomplish + 1096 1, thoroughly furnish 1; 2
1) to complete, finish
1a) to furnish perfectly
1b) to finish, accomplish, (as it were, to render the days complete)
- Acts 21:5 And when we had accomplished <1822> those days, we departed and went our way; and they all brought us on our way, with wives and children, till we were out of the city: and we kneeled down on the shore, and prayed.
- 2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished <1822> unto all good works.
Other Bible Verses Related to the Quality of Thoroughness
- Colossians 3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: 23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- 1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.
- 2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, [and] prepared unto every good work.
- Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
- Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
- Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.