- Doing our chores without having to be reminded.
- Making sure that others are served first.
- Coming immediatley when called for.
- Putting aside personal hobbies when they conflict with family time.
- Stopping in the middle of a project to hear what another family member has to say.
- Changing plans with friends in order to help the family prepare for guests.
- Being willing to do more than what is expected of you..
- Working to make your boss/employer successful..
- Being prepared to serve in any way you can.
- Faithful giving of your tithe each week.
The “I Wills” of Availability
- “I WILL put others ahead of myself.”
- “I WILL find a way to help, not a way to hide.”
- “I WILL be ready when I’m called.”
- “I WILL be glad for the chance to serve.”
- “I WILL check with the right person before I make commitments.”
–Character First! Education Series 4