- Deciding if the family has enough money for major expenditures – before making them.
- Forseeing negative influences in a semmingly good opportunity and avoiding them.
- Seeking counsel from one another before finalizing decisions.
- Judging an activity by whether or not it would encourage good character.
- Asking the owner’s permission before taking or moving his or her belongings.
- Being careful to choose the right kind of friends.
- Recognising that every extra-marital affair begins by giving inappropriate attention to members of the opposite sex.
- Avoiding compromise by purposing to be true to God’s standards.
- Listening to the cautions of your wife regarding business decisions.
- Avoiding listening to gossip or “bad reports” about church leaders or other members.
- Making sure there is always another person present when counseling members of the opposite sex..
- Guarding against compromise by maintaining the highest standards in relation to music, dress, etc.