- Focusing on family members’ strengths instead of their weaknesses.
- A parent realizing that each child will grow and develop good character at different levels of enthusiasm and maturity.
- Parents not showing favoritism to certain children.
- Sons and daughters accepting that parents are still growing in character and are not perfect.
- Family members being patient with each other.
- Show kindness and acceptance to all – not just those you are comfortable with.
- Be careful to understand the difference between rejecting the “sin” and not rejecting the “sinner.”
- Refrain from telling others about what you disagree with in the pastor’s sermons – welcome those disagreements as motivations to search the Scriptures.
- Make a point of inviting a different church family or individual to your home each month for a meal.
- Look out for visitors and be the first to greet and welcome them to your church.
- Pray with someone new each week in prayer meeting.